John Paul College is an important part of the Catholic Church’s mission. Dignity and respect for each student form the basis of learning and teaching, with the values of the Gospel integral to the faith development activities and religious education programs. The John Paul College community promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
At John Paul College, you will enjoy a welcoming community and team environment. We pride ourselves on great facilities, beautiful college grounds and top resources. With approximately 870 students, you will enjoy the benefits of a larger school with a small school feel. John Paul College is an equal opportunity employer.
Key Selection Criteria
All applicants need to meet the following key selection criteria:
- A demonstrated understanding of the ethos of a Catholic school and its mission
- A well-articulated understanding of what it means to be a staff member in a Catholic school
- Experience working with children
- A demonstrated understanding of child safety
- A demonstrated understanding of appropriate behaviours when engaging with children
- Be a suitable person to engage in child-connected work
- Ability to work as part of a team
- A demonstrated commitment to personal professional learning
and additionally for teachers:
- A demonstrated understanding of the Church’s teachings and the Catholic teacher’s role in the mission of the Church
- A demonstrated capacity to instil in students a respect for each other in accordance with the teachings of Jesus Christ
- A capacity to integrate the Church’s teachings into all aspects of curriculum
- A demonstrated knowledge of their teaching areas
- Be able to demonstrate that they are reflective practitioners
- A well-articulated vision of their pedagogical approach in the classroom
- An understanding of the challenges of teaching in a 21st century classroom
- Familiarity with legal obligations relating to child safety (e.g. mandatory reporting).
Teaching Positions. Due to increasing enrolments and staff on long service leave, the College is seeking to appoint suitably qualified teachers with a combination of the following learning areas:
Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning
Visual Communication Design
A number of full time permanent and replacement positions will be available according to the methods of the successful applicants and the needs of the College. These positions commence Tuesday 28 January 2020 and may include a vertical pastoral care group at Middle (Years 7 to 9) level or Senior (Years 10 to 12) level.
Additionally a parental leave relieving position (0.6FTE) is available for Term One 2020 teaching Science in Years 7 to 9.
For further information regarding these positons, please contact Lynette Helisma on 9784 0200. Applications close Monday 7 October 9am.
Only applications using the Application for Employment form will be accepted. The successful applicant for teaching positions will hold Victorian Institute of Teaching Registrations. The successful applicants for all other positions will be subject to a Working with Children Check (as an Employee) and a National Police Record Check. A cover letter and a completed Application for Employment form should be addressed to:
- At least one form of identification e.g. current passport, driver's licence
- Original documents confirming your qualifications
- Evidence of Victorian Institute of Teaching Registration (teaching staff)
- Current Working with Children Check as an Employee and Police Record Check (non-teaching staff)
All staff at John Paul College are employed in accordance with the Victorian Catholic Education Multi-Enterprise Agreement 2018.