John Paul College is an important part of the Catholic Church’s mission. Dignity and respect for each student form the basis of learning and teaching, with the values of the Gospel integral to the faith development activities and religious education programs. The John Paul College community promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
At John Paul College, you will enjoy a welcoming community and team environment. We pride ourselves on great facilities, beautiful college grounds and top resources. With over 800 students, you will enjoy the benefits of a larger school with a small school feel. John Paul College is an equal opportunity employer.
Key Selection Criteria
All applicants need to meet the following key selection criteria:
- A demonstrated understanding of the ethos of a Catholic school and its mission
- A well-articulated understanding of what it means to be a staff member in a Catholic school
- Experience working with children
- A demonstrated understanding of child safety
- A demonstrated understanding of appropriate behaviours when engaging with children
- Be a suitable person to engage in child-connected work
- Ability to work as part of a team
- A demonstrated commitment to personal professional learning
and additionally for teachers:
- A demonstrated understanding of the Church’s teachings and the Catholic teacher’s role in the mission of the Church
- A demonstrated capacity to instil in students a respect for each other in accordance with the teachings of Jesus Christ
- A capacity to integrate the Church’s teachings into all aspects of curriculum
- A demonstrated knowledge of their teaching areas
- Be able to demonstrate that they are reflective practitioners
- A well-articulated vision of their pedagogical approach in the classroom
- An understanding of the challenges of teaching in a 21st century classroom
Familiarity with legal obligations relating to child safety (e.g. mandatory reporting).
Director of ICT
The College is seeking to appoint a Director of ICT. This senior leadership position is full-time and ongoing. The commencement date and salary will be negotiated with the successful applicant. Click here for a role description. Applications close Tuesday 18 April 2017 at 9am.
Learning Support Staff
This is a fixed term maternity leave replacement position (0.9 FTE). The commencement date will be negotiated with the successful applicant and will conclude on Friday 15 December 2017. This position provides support for students with special learning needs. Experience and Certificate of Education Integration Aide preferred. Click here for a role description. Applications close Tuesday 18 April 2017 at 9am. For further information, please contact Lynette Helisma, Deputy Principal, on 9784 0200.
Only applications using the Application for Employment form will be accepted. Applicants for teaching positions will hold Victorian Institute of Teaching Registration. Applicants for all other positions will be subject to a Working with Children Check and a National Police Record Check. For further information regarding vacant positions, contact Lynette Helisma, Deputy Principal on 9784 0200. A cover letter and a completed Application for Employment form should be addressed to:
- At least one form of identification e.g. current passport, driver's licence
- Original documents confirming your qualifications
- Evidence of Victorian Institute of Teaching Registration (teaching staff)
- Current Working with Children Check as an Employee and Police Record Check (non-teaching staff)