Applicants for teaching positions will hold Victorian Institute of Teaching Registration. Applicants for all other positions will be subject to a Working with Children Check and a National Police Record Check. A cover letter and a completed Application for Employment form should be addressed to:
John Paul College is an important part of the Catholic Church’s mission. Dignity and respect for each student form the basis of learning and teaching, with the values of the Gospel integral to the faith development activities and religious education programs. The John Paul College community promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
At John Paul College, you will enjoy a welcoming community and team environment. We pride ourselves on great facilities, beautiful college grounds and top resources. With over 800 students, you will enjoy the benefits of a larger school with a small school feel. John Paul College is an equal opportunity employer.
Key Selection Criteria
All applicants need to meet the following key selection criteria:
- A demonstrated understanding of the ethos of a Catholic school and its mission
- A well-articulated understanding of what it means to be a staff member in a Catholic school
- Experience working with children
- A demonstrated understanding of child safety
- A demonstrated understanding of appropriate behaviours when engaging with children
- Be a suitable person to engage in child-connected work
- Ability to work as part of a team
- A demonstrated commitment to personal professional learning
and additionally for teachers:
- A demonstrated understanding of the Church’s teachings and the Catholic teacher’s role in the mission of the Church
- A demonstrated capacity to instil in students a respect for each other in accordance with the teachings of Jesus Christ
- A capacity to integrate the Church’s teachings into all aspects of curriculum
- A demonstrated knowledge of their teaching areas
- Be able to demonstrate that they are reflective practitioners
- A well-articulated vision of their pedagogical approach in the classroom
- An understanding of the challenges of teaching in a 21st century classroom
- Familiarity with legal obligations relating to child safety (e.g. mandatory reporting).
The College is seeking to appoint teachers in a variety of leadership and other positions commencing at the start of the 2019 school year.
Positions of Leadership
Applications are invited from outstanding educational leaders for the following positions of leadership:
- Director of College Organisation
- Senior Student Learning Coordinator
- Learning Innovation Leader
- English Learning Area Leader
- Head of Resource Centre
- Head of Stewart Centre for Individual Learning
- Professional Learning Coordinator
Click each title to view the role description. The initial tenure of each leadership position is two years with subsequent appointments having a three year tenure. It is envisaged that these appointments will be full-time and ongoing positions.
The College is seeking to appoint a number of teachers commencing at the start of the 2019 school year. Positions will be based upon one or more of the following learning areas. The teaching allotments may include a positon of leadership, a vertical pastoral care group at middle (years 7 to 9) level or senior (years 10 to 12) level. These appointments may include full-time or part-time roles and a combination of ongoing and fixed term positions. For all positions an ability to teach Religious Education and VCE Units 1 to 4 will be seen as an advantage.
- Religious Education
- Food Studies
- Health and Physical Education
- Language - Italian
- Victoria Certificate of Applied Learning
All positions are in accordance with the Victorian Catholic Education Multi Enterprise Agreement 2013.
Applications close Monday 8 October 9am.
Only applications using the Application for Employment form will be accepted. Applicants for teaching positions will hold Victorian Institute of Teaching Registrations. Applicants for all other positions will be subject to a Working with Children Check and a National Police Record Check. A cover letter and a completed Application for Employment form should be addressed to:
- At least one form of identification e.g. current passport, driver's licence
- Original documents confirming your qualifications
- Evidence of Victorian Institute of Teaching Registration (teaching staff)
- Current Working with Children Check as an Employee and Police Record Check (non-teaching staff)